Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Final Update

We have been running on hydroelectric power since last Thursday or Friday. Yipee!! It works great. We can run both computers, the lights, the internet tower and all the internet equipment on it and the equipment here at the house all at the same time and still the batteries are charging. We can only run the clothes agitator intermittently, but more batteries would take care of that. It has been a lot more quiet around here without having to start the motor to charge the batteries. We are very thankful that the Lord allowed Dane to see this project through, and up and running well, before we left! Dane also was able to get the highlifter pump installed and so water is pumping continuously to the house from the creek 300 meters below us. It is so awesome having electricity and water all powered by the running water on the property. No more gasoline expenses for having those things at the house. I do have some pictures of the turbine and pump working, but they will have to wait until a later time.



Time here is getting short and we still have so much to do to get ready to leave. We will be shutting everything down either tonight or tomorrow morning. That means no more phone or email for a while.



Lord willing, I will post again when time allows after we arrive in the states on October 22nd. Hopefully then I can include the turbine and pump pictures.



Please pray for us as we travel to Paraguay, Bolivia, Florida, and then onward to Kentucky.



Have a blessed day,



Jessica

4 comments:

It's me ...Mavis said...

Wishing you all good things to come. Stay safe.

nil said...

I cannot believe how excited I am for your family and your big move.. my husband and i moveda little over a year ago to come here to the country from the city and we have had the most wonderful time..I feel that same excitement for your family..Praying travelling mercies for you all and that the children adapt peacefully
Blessings The Joyfulhomemaker

TEAM HALL said...

Donaldson Family - where are you??? I've been missing your posts!! Oh I know the wildlife in Kentucky won't be half as exciting as all those poisonous spiders and snakes, but I'd still like to see the pictures! hehe
Hoping it won't be too much longer before you're back!
Cath

Donaldson Family said...

Hi Cath,

Thanks for thinking of us. We are in Kentucky and doing very well.

Sorry, I haven't posted yet. I hope to have an update soon.

Hope everything is going well with you and yours.

Stay tuned...........

Blessings,
Jessica